Log in

Contact your Student Rep

Students Reps find out about issues affecting students' studies and experience.

They take this information informally to staff in the department, and can raise issues more formally at department, school, and university level committees to effect positive changes.

Reps raise issues that are causing difficulties for students and let the University know when it is doing something well.

Reps can give you details of people and services that can help with individual problems.

To find out who your Student Reps are, you can find a list on Study Direct or contact your school office.

Help with academic issues

We provide support and advocacy for students facing academic misconduct proceedings.

Academic misconduct »

We can help you appeal your assessment and exam results or University decisions.

Appeal »

Have a look here for information about what you can do if health or personal circumstances are likely to affect your academic performance.

Exceptional circumstances »


If you feel dissatisfied about some aspect of your dealings with the University we can provide support and advocacy.

Perhaps you feel unhappy with the level of teaching & support on your course, have received an unsatisfactory standard or service from a particular office or department, or feel you were treated inappropriately by a University staff member. We can help.

Complain to the University »

Help if you're facing disciplinary action

The University may take disciplinary action against you if they feel you have broken university rules.

If you are contacted by the University about potential disciplinary issues then please get in touch to discuss your individual circumstances.

We can talk through your options, advise on the process and if possible attend any meetings or panels with you.

University disciplinary action »

Contact our support & advocacy team

If you’re not sure if we can help, please contact us anyway - we will know who at the university can help you!


01273 877038

Visit us on the first floor of Falmer House

Contact the University's Student Life Centre

The University's Student Life Centre can help with a range of issues including funding, health and directing you to other University services.

View details »

We're independent from the University

If you talk to us about a problem with the University we'll keep it confidential unless it appears there is a risk of harm to you or another person.

Confidentiality Policy »

Support & advocacy policies

Details of the service standards you should expect from the Support and Advocacy team and occasions where support may have to be withdrawn.

Service Standards »

Refusal and withdrawal of service »

Conflict of Interest »

SWAN Peer Support

University is a huge change for many people. All students will face difficulties and challenges at some point during their degree. At these times, you may feel overwhelmed and very stressed. It is important to remember that you are not alone, and there are many services available to you both on and off campus.

This group is led by students, who have lived experience being a University of Sussex student. They understand the difficulties and challenges that students face every day.

They will not tell you what to do, but we will be there for you if you feel you need to talk to somebody and we will listen carefully to your experiences. Their aim is to help and support you during your time at university, and will give you the time you feel you need in order to move forward.

Contact SWAN »